first_img 75 positive cases of Covid confirmed in North Facebook By News Highland – October 21, 2010 Google+ Google+ Previous articleJob losses at Donegal insurance companyNext article10th Annual IT and Telecommunications Conference gets under way at LYIT today News Highland Facebook WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Gardai continue to investigate Kilmacrennan fire Main Evening News, Sport and Obituaries Tuesday May 25th Newsx Advertscenter_img Twitter Clear picture of ghost estates to be unveiled in new report Pinterest Man arrested on suspicion of drugs and criminal property offences in Derry WhatsApp 365 additional cases of Covid-19 in Republic Further drop in people receiving PUP in Donegal A clear picture of Ireland’s ghost estates will be unveiled this morning, with the publication of a new report.It’s thought the Department of the Environment could reveal up to 100 thousand houses lying idle in the aftermath of the property market collapse.Many of the estates are scattered across the midlands and northwest of the country, and were often built after the introduction of special tax breaks to incentivise developers.Environment Correspondent with the Irish Independent Treacy Hogan says they’re a major cause for concern:[podcast]http://www.highlandradio.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/corr-02.mp3[/podcast] Twitter Pinterestlast_img read more


first_imgWe report in-situ detection by two spacecraft of oppositely directed jets of plasma emanating from a magneticreconnection site at the Earth’s dayside magnetopause, confirming a key element inherent in all reconnectionscenarios. The dual-spacecraft (Equator-S and Geotail) observations at the flank magnetopause, together withSuperDARNHalley radar observations of the subsolar cusp region, reveal the presence of a rather stable and extendedreconnection line which lies along the equatorial magnetopause. These observations were made under persistentsouthward interplanetary magnetic field (IMF) conditions, implying that under these conditions the reconnection sitesare determined by the large-scale interactions between the solar wind magnetic field and the dayside magnetosphere,rather than by local conditions at the magnetopause. Control by local conditionswould result in patchy reconnection, distributed in a less well-organized fashion over the magnetopause surface.last_img read more


first_imgRead also: Three Indonesians who attended mass prayer in Malaysia test positive for COVID-19He said a special task force would soon be deployed to handle COVID-19 patients in North Sumatra. “Patients with COVID-19 will get free treatment,” Edy assured, citing that being infected with the deadly virus could be categorized as an “emergency” state. Restuti Hidayani, a member of North Sumatra task force formed to deal with coronavirus contagion, said at least 75 people were currently under observation in the region. They were all being treated in isolation rooms, which were “spread across a number of hospitals”.Read also: Think you have COVID-19? Here’s how to get tested in IndonesiaAdam Malik Hospital in the capital Medan reportedly received five additional suspected cases on Monday, bringing the total number of isolated patients at the hospital to eight. “Our isolation rooms are at full capacity right now,” the hospital’s coordinator for COVID-19 handling, Ade Rahmaini, said. As of Wednesday morning, Indonesia has reported 172 confirmed COVID-19 cases, resulting in five deaths. (vny)Topics : The North Sumatra administration says it is preparing 1,000 isolation rooms to handle potential COVID-19 patients in the region, as the number of confirmed cases in the country continues to rise.North Sumatra governor Edy Rahmayadi said that his administration had already prepared 330 isolation rooms by Wednesday, while the North Sumatra Police would help with another 400 rooms.”I have coordinated [with various relevant parties] to provide more, in the hope that we could eventually provide 1,000 such rooms in the near future,” Edy told journalists after attending a coordination meeting to deal with the coronavirus spread on Tuesday. last_img read more


first_imgA Palm Beach Gardens man was arrested Thursday, after his girlfriend’s toddler apparently got a hold of the man’s gun and shot himself.The 3-year-old’s mother told investigators with the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office that she heard a loud bang late Wednesday and ran into the bedroom, where she found the toddler with a bloodied hand while he was standing next to the weapon.Her boyfriend, 21-year-old Juan Gomes Quintero, told investigators he was cleaning the .40-caliber Springfield in his bedroom at the home near West Palm Beach and left it loaded in his nightstand.Investigators concluded the child must have pulled the gun from the drawer and fired a bullet through two of his fingers.They subsequently arrested Gomes Quintero, who has a Palm Beach Gardens address, on charges of culpable negligence, unsafe storage of a firearm and tampering with evidence.A judge ordered that he remain jailed in lieu of $12,000 bail. In addition, he is not allowed to have contact with the child or the child’s mother.The boy’s mother, who works in nursing, told investigators that she carried her son to the bathroom, where she cleaned and wrapped up his fingers.She then took the child to Palms West Hospital, where he was treated and released.The mother later called Gomes Quintero to tell him what happened, as he was not in the home when the incident happened. He allegedly told her that he went to the house and grabbed the gun, along with a mirror that had a bullet hole in it.He said that he threw the mirror behind the home, and then left the gun, his wallet, and two cellphones in the car that he had crashed earlier that day near Haverhill Park.Gomes Quintero said he bought the semi-automatic pistol about a month ago and typically kept it in the bedroom closet.last_img read more