AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREStriving toward a more perfect me: Doug McIntyre 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! A 10-year-old boy who admitted to setting the Buckweed brush fire while playing with matches will not be facing criminal charges, the District Attorney’s Office said today. Prosecutors said the boy did not intentionally set the blaze, which blackened more than 38,000 acres in Agua Dulce and Santa Clarita last month. The case was referred to the county Department of Children and Family Services to determine if other intervention is needed. Sheriff’s and county Fire Department investigators interviewed the boy Oct. 22, a day after the fire began. “After talking with the suspect, he admitted to playing with matches and accidentally starting the fire,” sheriff’s Sgt. Diane Hecht said. The Buckweed Fire, which began on Oct. 21 at Mint Canyon Road and Sierra Highway, burned 38,356 acres. Four people, including a firefighter, were injured, 63 structures were destroyed and another 30 were damaged. The fire cost more than $7.4 million to fight, fire officials said.