first_imgDear Editor,Please permit me space to add my comments to the ongoing debate on the ministerial plenary or caucus. The Opposition Leader’s call to resist adherence, application or implementation of any new requests emanating from plenary meetings is in order and must be heeded.Amidst the delaying tactics and antics, the APNU/AFC Administration continues to defy wisdom and good faith acts as we enter the final third of the 90-day period.The Government refuses to accept that the successful December 21, 2018, no-confidence motion, like the crucifixion of Christ, put the Cabinet to death. While the resurrection of Christ influenced the New Testament, accounts of His life and works, the ministerial plenary or caucus, as an attempt to resurrect the Cabinet, is nothing other than a jumbie. It’s not real, thus has no powers, nor is it legally supported.I would agree that the Government has a right to meet, whether in plenary or caucus. However, outcomes of such meetings, if implemented as part of our national goals, would be illegal and have no effect. For example, the last publication in the Gazette is illegal. In essence, the plenary meeting is an attempt to usurp the functions of the Cabinet which died on December 21.In a nutshell, the plenary meeting does not resurrect the Cabinet; it’s a jumbie and cannot give rise to actions and functions that are in the domain of the Cabinet. To give effect to or support the implementation of decisions from such meetings would amount to recognising a jumbie as having the authority to take actions on behalf of humans.Yours sincerely,Ronald Singhlast_img read more


first_imgA Letterkenny man who was found being abusive while in possession of a knife has had his case adjourned.Donal Kelly (21) of 31 Windmill View, Glencar, was before the court on charges relating to an incident at Lower Main Street, Letterkenny, on August 2, 2018. Kelly was charged with having a knife/blade sharply pointed, being threatening/abusive/insulting and being intoxicated in a public place.Judge Paul Kelly adjourned the case to the March 25 sitting of the court.Knife case against Letterkenny man adjourned was last modified: January 28th, 2019 by Chris McNultyShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:Donal KellyJudge Paul KellyknifeletterkennyLetterkenny District Courtlast_img read more


first_imgCeltic boss Neil Lennon says he never considered leaving the club despite bigoted bomd and bullet threats to him and his family.Lennon was speaking at a press conference for the first time since early March, after a dugout ban.“It puts a slight strain at home at times, but not overriding,” said the Co Armagh man. “I love the job, my family know how important it is to me, and they’ve been fully supportive throughout all of this.”Bullets had been addressed to the 39-year-old, and threats had appeared on the social networking site Facebook.Lennon had not spoken before or after a match since before the controversial Scottish Cup fifth-round replay victory over Rangers at on 2 March.At the end of that match he and opposing assistant manager Ally McCoist had to be separated at the full-time whistle. The Parkhead boss was subsequently handed an additional four-match touchline ban by the Scottish Football Association, reduced to one after a legal challenge.That accompanied a pre-existing four-match sanction for being sent to the stand at Tynecastle earlier in the season.Lennon is able to return to the Celtic dugout for Tuesday’s 1800 BST kick-off away to St Johnstone in the Scottish Premier League“I’m glad the ban’s over. It means I can back to doing what I want to do, and it encompasses all aspect of the job again,” he said.“I hope there is a positive reaction from the players but they have played quite well in the period I have been out. “We have a big game tomorrow night and we are looking forward to it.”He also claims he felt the benefit from the self-imposed media ban.“There was a lot of adverse publicity which was taking the shine away from the team and their performances and focus,” said Lennon.“So I just decided to have a break. I feel fine.” HOOPS BOSS LENNON: BIGOTS WON’T FORCE ME OUT OF CELTIC JOB was last modified: April 12th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:CelticNeil Lennonsectarianlast_img read more